COACH TOURS WITH ABSOLUTOURS
For large and small groups of all ages, abilities and interests. Where are we going? What are we seeing? Why is this interesting? Local knowledge makes all the difference in making commentaries interesting and journeys enjoyable!
Coach Tour Services include:
Liaison with vehicle hire companies regarding routes and itineraries and provision of commentary en route with attention to group management on all tours:-
- Bespoke tours throughout the SW in all kinds of vehicle – coach, minibus or private chauffer driven hire cars. Guiding on the Isles of Scilly, reached by plane or ferry also available
- Step on guide service to give commentary for independent pre-arranged tours
- Familiarisation tours for travel agents and companies, colleges, universities and private groups
- Birthday, Anniversary and Retirement tours
- Excursions in Devon and Cornwall for days out from railway stations and from Dartmouth, Falmouth, Fowey, Isles of Scilly, Plymouth and Torquay for cruise ship calls
- Panoramic and sightseeing tours of cities
A selection of tours with Viv Robinson…..
DARTMOOR CREAM TEA FROM PLYMOUTH OR TORQUAY
Travel through the rolling Devon countryside along narrow winding roads and leafy lanes to Dartmoor National Park famed for rugged wild moorland scenery, prehistoric remains and ponies! Visit the High Moorland Visitor Centre in Princetown, so named when established in 1785 by Thomas Tyrwitt, on land leased land from the Prince of Wales. Gaze across the infamous Dartmoor Prison before enjoying a cream tea in one of Dartmoor’s comfortable hotels returning through Tavistock or Bovey Tracey.
THE EDEN PROJECT AND ‘THE LOST GARDENS OF HELIGAN’
Typical towns villages and countryside will be seen en route to these gardens. At Eden a microcosm of the world exists. Global plants from the Amazon, Malaysia and South Africa nestle in two enormous record breaking biomes surrounded by beautiful outdoor gardens, home to vast arrays of flowers, sculptures and modern art. In total contrast a visit to the internationally acclaimed garden restoration at ‘The Lost Gardens of Heligan’ developed in the C18th evoke tales of those who made the gardens great, but never returned after the Great War.
NORTH COAST TOUR
Travel to the North Cornish coast and visit King Arthur’s cliff edge castle peering down on Tintagel swathed in mystery and legend. Travel to the Port Isaac, fishing port, film set location, gourmet food destination – freshly caught fish being the specialty in celebrity chef restaurants. Alternatively travel on to Padstow, vibrant harbourside village, to visit the Elizabethan House, Prideaux Place, film location for Rosamunde Pilcher TV series and maybe sample locally caught fish at a Rick Stein eating house.