Where should we go? – What should we see? – What can we do? – Where can we eat? – Is there coach access? Local knowledge makes all the difference in answering these questions!
Services: – Half Day to week long itineraries tailored to suit all needs and interests planned to include the most interesting places and hidden haunts. Itineraries created for:-
- Coach routes highlighting the best and most interesting attractions in an area
- Private groups wishing to plan days out from hotels, ports or railway stations
- Private groups, coach companies and travel agents planning extended tours.
- General , themed , corporate and social itineraries for incentives and celebrations
- Walking routes with meal stops in traditional pubs
Suggested themes:- Cornwall’s Heritage, Coast & Countryside, Poldark, Doc Martin, King Arthur and more..
- Literary Links– Follow in the footsteps of Daphne du Maurier, Winston Graham, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie!
- Film and TV Locations – From period dramas such as ‘Poldark’, ghostly mysteries of Dartmoor, famous detective films, Rosamunde Pilcher films and quirky ‘Doc Martin’
- Landscape, Legend and Folklore – Mysteries Myths , Arthurian and Celtic legends revealed
- Fish, Tin and Copper – Cornish Heritage
- Country Houses and Gardens
NEW! – Poldark’s Cornwall – – 4 different day tours
Choose a single day, create a full 4 day tour or combine elements for a bespoke tour:-
Take in spectacular views across azure bathing waters of Pedn Vounder and marvel at how the local fishing communities landed catches in tiny hidden secluded coves. View the dramatic setting of the coastal engine houses featured as the Poldark mines – Grambler and Wheal Leisure -in the recent BBC television series. Stop at nearby Geevor Mine with Poldark related exhibits and cast your eyes towards Levant otherwise known as Tresidder’s Rolling Mill, the while being immersed in the beauty of the Cornish landscape.
Stroll around Truro, historic coinage town, on a short guided walk to hear tales of business deals, rivalry, social events and liaisons that shaped the lives of the Poldarks. Drive through Bodmin, historic county town once home of the county courts and gaol. travel across Bodmin Moor used as the location for Nampara – Ross and Demelza’s home area. Visit a manor used as the model for Trenwith House and historic harbour of Charlestown background to many scenes in the series.
Travel to Winston Graham’s home area and walk to the site where he wrote ‘Ross Poldark’ and Demelza’ whilst gazing out across the rugged Cornish coastline. Visit the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site with heritage centre and working engine house to get a feel of mining times past. Take an underground tour at ‘Poldark Mine’ (connected only by name but used for underground film scenes) and explore the Lizard peninsula with dramatic scenery and coves famous for shipwreck scenes
Travel through Winston Graham’s home area where he wrote ‘Ross Poldark’ and Demelza’, location of the fictitious Nampara valley. Enjoy the iconic scenery of St Agnes Head used for scenes of lands between the estates of Ross and Francis Poldark. Travel the north coastal route passing the cove used as Nampara Cove and onto Padstow before journeying to Bodmin or taking a panoramic tour of Bodmin Moor.
‘Thank you for a most informative and highly enjoyable three day trip’ – Livia USA